The fact is, there is more “wealth” in this world gained and retained from owning &/or controlling Real Estate than any other investment vehicle. Look at the truly wealthy . . . the vast majority hold REAL ESTATE.
And why you ask?
Ah, let me provide a few of the ways . . .
1) Real estate is a “tangible” investment. It is real. You can touch it and see it. It can’t simply disappear in a down market like a stock might.
2) Even in a down market, it will NEVER be worth $nothing$. It will always carry a financial value. Stocks can go to zero. Businesses can disappear. And along with it, your investment.
3) In stocks, someone else is in total control of your investment. The only control you have is whether you are in or you are out. That’s it. In most Real Estate investments, YOU ARE IN CONTROL!
4) What other investment could you own where someone else (a total stranger) is going to pay for ALL expenses associated with that investment? Think about it . . . A total stranger paying your (a) mortgage, (b) taxes, (c) repairs, (d) upgrades, (e) management fees . . . and potentially a down payment on your next investment. Everything!
5) And what other investment provides a consistent cash flow . . . month in and month out.
6) Can you sell a stock and not have to pay taxes on the profit before you reinvest in another stock? You can sell real estate, turn the proceeds (including the profit from the sale) TAX FREE into other real estate investments. You take it ALL and reinvest. (1031 exchange)
7) And what other investment offers so many perks in one investment vehicle? Investment Real Estate provides . . .
a) A positive monthly cash flow
b) Tax deductions
c) Depreciation of the investment while at the same time . . .
d) The investment is appreciating in value!
All bundled in one investment!!! That “ain’t happenin” with any other investment. Just Real Estate!
Well, we hate to disappoint you about the 10-rules of success . . . but there is not such thing as a magic 10-rule formula that is going to make you a successful Real Estate Investor. The rules exist, but you simply can't apply them across the board, to every type of real estate investment and certainly not to each independent Investor.
You hear a lot of “experts” out there telling you just how to invest in real estate. And for every opinion, someone (an “expert”) is there to tell you the opposite. So, the question is . . . who do I believe? The answer? All of them and none of them.